Membership in Carolina Voices is by audition only.
Auditions are held twice a year: in Summer & Winter. Due to safety restrictions, auditions may be moved to a virtual format. Singers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please note that auditions are for participation in Spring season vocal performances.
Please fill out the form to the right to be contacted about scheduling an audition.
Rehearsals take place as follows:
MainStage rehearses weekly on Tuesday evenings from 7:15-9:30 PM.
Festival Singers rehearses weekly on Monday evenings from 7:00-9:30 PM.
IMPROMPTU rehearses weekly on Thursday evenings from 6:30-8:30 PM.
- All members must be at least 16 years old. (For younger singers interested in singing with a choir, please c.)
- Attendance for all rehearsals and concerts is expected. Special arrangements must be approved by the Director.
- All singers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. As we continue to adjust and adhere to fluctuating health and safety standards, additional safety mitigations (i.e. masking, social distancing) may be required and will be posted closer to the date of audition.
Membership dues for Carolina Voices Fall 2022 Season are $75.
- A 1-2 minute (no longer) solo song of your own choice sung either a cappella or with accompaniment. The purpose of this is to hear you on music with which you feel comfortable and that will illustrate the quality and range of your voice. Any style song is fine.
- Singers will also be checked for vocal range.
- During your audition, you will also be tested on tonal memory (no preparation required for this).
- Finally, plan to share your past singing/choral experience with our directors!